EcoPorts About us
EcoPorts is the main environmental initiative of the European port sector. It was initiated by a number of proactive ports in 1997 and has been fully integrated into the European Sea Ports Organisation (ESPO) since 2011. The founding principle of EcoPorts is to create a level playing field on environment through cooperation and sharing of knowledge between ports. EcoPorts provides two well-established tools to its members:
- Self Diagnosis Method (SDM)
- SDM checklist: identify environmental risks
- SDM Comparison: compare your SDM score with the European average
- SDM Review: receive expert's advice and personalised recommendations
- Port Environmental Review System (PERS, certificate assessed by LRQA Nederland B.V.)
These tools fit ports of different sizes and at different stages in the development of their
environmental priorities. Read more about the EcoPorts tools here.
Check out the history of EcoPorts here!
EcoPorts in numbers
|Total SDM entries||649|
|Pers certified ports||31|
|ISO certified ports||54|