Self Diagnosis Method (SDM): The user-friendly environmental checklist
The Self Diagnosis Method exists of three parts:
- SDM checklist: Filling in the SDM checklist is your 'passport' to the EcoPorts network.
- SDM Comparison: Compare your SDM score with the European average
- SDM Review: Review your SDM score and receive experts' advice and customised recommendations.
1. Joining the Network
SDM is a checklist that allows you to identify and reflect on environmental risks in your port. Aggregated and anonymised data provided by EcoPorts members are used to build and update the sector’s benchmark of performance in environmental management.
A completed SDM is valid for a period of 2 years.
Benefits of using SDM
How to use SDM?
2. Comparing your score
Once you have completed the SDM questionnaire, you can apply to obtain a comparison of your port’s score with the European benchmark of environmental performance.
Benefits of comparing your SDM score
How to use SDM comparison?
- Go to the SDM page in your account
- Apply for SDM comparison
- Upon application, you will receive an invoice of €100 (excluding VAT) . Once the payment is carried out, you will receive a projection of your port’s score in the SDM questionnaire against the European benchmark.
3. Reviewing your SDM
Receive expert’s advice and customised recommendations on how to improve your environmental performance.
If you submit your SDM for an analytical review, an expert will subject your port’s environmental management to a gap analysis with regards to established environmental management standards and a SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats). During the review, the expert ensures a customised assessment, taking into account your port’s top 5 priorities for action.
Benefits of the SDM Review
How to use SDM Review?
- Go to the SDM page in 'My Account' and apply for an SDM Review. In your application, you can state your port’s top 5 priorities for environmental performance, which will be taken into account by the expert during the review.
- When you submit your SDM for a review, you are invoiced with the amount of €650 (excluding VAT) for the reviewer’s reimbursement costs. However, if you already compared your SDM score with the European benchmark, the SDM review costs €550 (excluding VAT) .
- When the payment is received, the expert will start reviewing your SDM. You can then expect your analytical report within approximately four weeks.*
* Depending on holiday periods